I am available for school and library visits, both real and virtual (via Skype). Write to me at Chris@christopherhealy.com for rates.
Here’s a basic rundown of what I like to do for an in-person visit:
• Discuss my journey from “kid who likes to make up stories” to “professional author,” including some talk about the writing process.
• Talk about my books—how I came up with the ideas, how I created characters and crafted plots.
• “Writing in Tiers”—Using story creation techniques I just discussed, the students and I will write a short story of our own.
• Explain how kids can use the “Tiers” technique as a writing exercise at home, or a revision tool for schoolwork. (Teachers tend to like this one.)
• Q&A: Ask me anything! I’ll answer anything that doesn’t stray too far beyond the borders of appropriateness.
Here’s what I can do for Skype visits:
• Basic intro of myself and my books
• Discussion of the writing process
• “How books are made.”
• Possible cameo appearance by my dog
• Q&A (the best part, really)
SKYPE VISITS ARE FREE OF CHARGE FOR CLASSES OR BOOK CLUBS WHO READ MY BOOKS.
And if you’re still not sold, take a gander at this article from New Jersey’s Town Journal newspaper: